Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meal Planning


I have to plan meals in advance. For me there is nothing worse than wondering what's for dinner at 5:00. I plan/shop for our weeks meals over the weekend. Sundays we usually have a big dinner..many times with extended family. If I'm roasting a chicken for Sunday supper, I usually will do 2 at a time. It's just as easy to roast two and the payoff is huge. After dinner I'll start the stock and use the extra chicken for lunches for the upcoming week. I love having homemade chicken stock in the freezer. 

I also make out a lunch menu for the week. I pack everyones lunch. I prefer them bringing something from home than yucky cafeteria food. Steve usually will take leftovers or a salad. Will pretty much eats either yogurt or a ham sandwich. Hannah and Stephen mix it up a lot. But, again..nothing worse than packing lunch at 7 A.M and not knowing what I'm making. A little bit of prep work over the weekend goes a long way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment